Proper behavior is expected at all times. Please respect other students' abilities and level of play. Unsportsmanlike behavior is not be tolerated at James Denman.
When the instructor is speaking, students are to be quiet and listening for instructions. Misconduct of any kind will result in loss of participation points for that day and progressive disciplinary action may include the loss of locker room privileges or removal from class.
A contract for both the classroom and locker room must be completed by each student and their parents/guardians.
Each student is expected to:
- Participate in all parts of each lesson, to the best of his/her ability.
- Be on time to class, properly dressed for PE and prepared to participate in a positive manner.
- Be prepared to listen, follow directions, work individually and in groups, and focus on the task at hand.
- Demonstrate proper manners, courtesy, respect for self, peers, teachers, staff and equipment.
- Complete all classwork and homework assigned. Make up all missed work due to absences.
- Bring a note or pass when returning from an absence or arriving late to class.
- Bring only what is required to class. Backpacks and any other personal items must be kept in PE lockers, especially cell phones and all other electronic devices. Any item not belonging in class will be confiscated and given to an administrator or counselor. Students should look at the white board in the locker room for each day’s information.
- Stay on roll call numbers during roll call and remain in the area designated by the teacher. At the end of class, ALL students must return to the locker room or designated area for dismissal.
- The PE teachers work together as a team. Always follow the directions of any supervising PE teacher.
- Follow ALL rules indicated in the San Francisco Unified School District Handbook and the James Denman Student Handbook.