Skip to main content


Family Resources

ParentVue User Guide

Having trouble with Synergy? Check out the ParentVUE - StudentVUE User Guide.pdf.

Six Easy Ways to Fight the Summer Slide

Copy and paste this link into your browser for suggestions from the Math Education Smart Brief on how to avoid the summer slide in math:

What To Do To Enroll Your Child at James Denman Middle School

What You Need to Apply


All enrollments for SFUSD are processed centrally through the Educational Placement Center (EPC), 555 Franklin Street, Room 100. For current school year enrollment, parents or guardians must visit the EPC to enroll their child in an SFUSD school. The EPC is open daily Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.

View enrollment application form and other important documents here.

When families who are new to SFUSD visit the EPC, they can immediately get assigned to a school with openings. SFUSD has a choice-based system, which means for current year assignments we provide families with a list of schools, grades, and programs with openings, and families then choose a school assignment from the list of schools with openings. There is no guarantee that a student will receive an assignment to any particular school; we can only make assignments to schools that have openings.

To avoid having to make multiple trips to the EPC, please bring the following documents with you when you come to enroll your child(ren):

Parent/Guardian’s Picture ID

Applications must be submitted in person by the parent or guardian.

Proof of Birth

  • Student's birth certificate or
  • Hospital record

If the document does not contain the parent or guardian’s name, additional guardianship verification is required.

Proofs of Home Address

Two proofs of home address that include the name and address of the parent or guardian.

  • One to two utility service contract, statement or payment receipts; from different agencies such as PG&E, water, cable, or garbage within 45 days (no cell phone bills will be accepted)
  • Both automobile registration and auto insurance policy, must be current (count as one proof)
  • Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy, must be current
  • Property tax payment receipts, must be current assessment year.
  • Correspondence from a government agency within 45 days
  • Grant deed, title of property
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts within 45 days
  • Section 8 agreements, must be current
  • Affidavit of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil
  • Pay stubs, within 45 days
  • Voter registration, must be current

Immunization Records

Immunization records are not required for application submission. Immunizations are required at the time of school enrollment. 

Students new to the district are required to meet the following requirements:

TB Skin Test (all students entering SFUSD)

  • on or after the first birthday
  • within one year of entering the SFUSD or signature of health examiner attesting to no risk factors for TB 

Children entering kindergarten should have:

  • 5 DTaP (4 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday)
  • 4 Polio (3 doses meet requirement if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday)
  • 3 Hepatitis B2 MMR (both on or after 1st birthday)
  • 1 Varicella (a second dose is recommended)
  • TB Skin test

Children entering 7th grade should have:

  • 3 Hepatitis B2 MMR (both on or after 1st birthday)
  • 1 Varicella (2 doses are needed if immunized on or after 13th birthday)
  • All incoming 7th through 12th grade students for the 2011-12 school year must have proof of a pertussis (whooping cough) immunization. See details about this new California law here.

Immunization forms are available at any San Francisco Health Center and the Educational Placement Center.

School Transcript (High School Students Only)